The following is based on government guidelines on working safely when providing close contact services during coronavirus covid 19.
Before the treatment:
- New clients: I will email you a consultation form. Please complete and email it back. If this is not possible, please let me know and we can make other arrangements.
- Returning clients: I will telephone you one hour before your appointment to carry out a consultation. If this is not possible, please let me know and we can make other arrangements.
- Please attend on your own.
- If you have any of the following symptoms, however mild, you should stay at home and reschedule your appointment:
- Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough?
- Do you have a high temperature?
- Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell?
During the treatment:
- Please wear a face mask before entering the premises (this is mandatory – please see below).
- Please remove your shoes before entering the therapy room.
- Please use hand sanitiser when entering the therapy room.
- Please tread only on parts of the floor covered with plastic floor protector.
- I always provide drinking water after a treatment. I now have to provide this in a disposable bottle.
- If you need a tissue I will supply you with a small packet of tissues. Please take any unused tissues with you and please dispose of used tissues in the covered bin in the therapy room. Please use hand sanitiser after using a tissue.
- From 8 August, face coverings are mandatory for customers visiting massage centres. Face coverings should not be removed unless essential for a particular treatment – for example, for a treatment on the face area covered by the mask.
- Some people don’t have to wear a face covering. Reasons include:
- if you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering
- if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress
- It is important to use face coverings properly. This means:
- washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on, and after removing it
- when wearing a face covering, avoid touching your face or face covering
- change your face covering if it becomes damp
- continue to clean your hands regularly